Sunday, July 3, 2011

Day One of a Tale of Two Cities

 This summer I went on a trip with the People to People program to England and France for a two week adventure. Our trip began in England and the first thing we did was head to Runnymede. This is where the John F. Kennedy and Magna Carta Memorial are.
 This is me with the John F. Kennedy Memorial. The memorial and surrounding symbolic acre of land was given by Queen Elizabeth II to the citizens of the United States of America in 1965. It was designed by Sir Geoffry Jellico and is mantained by the Kennedy Trust.
 As we were heading to the Magna Carta Memorial we walked by this which I thought was really neat, below is the tree.

 Here is the Magna Carta Memorial which was designed by Sir Edward Maufe. It was erected in 1957 by the American Bar Association.








                                          After that we headed to Windsor Castle.


 This is a statue of Queen Victoria, while on my on my trip I saw many statues of her.
                              This is the top of a light post. I thought this was so cool.
                                   


 My leader told me that all the swans belong to the Queen and that if you harm a swan you will be breaking the law.
                                                  Only on the sidewalks of England.
                            Next we went to the British Museum and here are some mummys.


                Next we went to the London Eye and rode the 45 minutes ride around.

                                                     View from the top.
                                              Me with Big Ben in the background.

No comments:

Post a Comment